Thursday, January 10, 2013

Smell and taste

I can smell and taste a little bit more as the day goes on, so hopefully that means I am on the mend!  Everyone loses their taste at some point when they have a cold or sinus infection for a bit.  But this is the first time I didnt have taste or smell for almost 3 days.  It made me more conscious of my eating habits.  I have said how I havent had many cravings and that my appetite has been under control since I have tried to cut sugars out and eat more complex carbs.  And it was the same these past few days.  So what is very enlightening to me is that I found myself very disappointed when I couldnt taste.  I wanted to be able to taste and enjoy my food, and I was ticked off when I couldnt.  I guess I really do love food.  There were a few times I found myself wandering around aimlessly looking for something to eat even though I wasnt hungry or craving anything.  I had to remind myself that I wouldnt be able to taste anything anyway, but it was again a realization that I DO eat when I am not hungry or craving anything.  There was no smell that made me hungry.  I was looking for food because I am used to it being something that makes me feel good, or just to eat out of boredom.  Interesting.

Jennifer

3 comments:

Debsdailylife said...

I do that!!! When Im bored, when I walk into the lunch room, when I have a meeting. Its like a bad habit!!

Syl said...

I find I do that when I am bored. Never a good thing!
Hope you are feeling better soon.

Honeybee said...

I am sorry for your loss, I feel your pain. I hope you feel better soon.

I'm sorry if this is not the right time, but I can't find any way to contact you so I just drop my invitation here to join our blog hop called Aspiring Losers' Gathering. I believe you must have some ideas that worth to share with the community. It's also a great way to connect, get some weight loss motivation and expand your blog audience. Can't wait to see you there.

Bless,
Honeybee
http://nondieter.blogspot.com