Sunday, November 20, 2011

Still going...

I am still going with this "I can do this" epiphany.  I am not going to try to figure out why, I am just going to ride this wave for as long as it lasts.  And once it ends and I have to really push myself to make good decisions I will look back at these posts.  For me getting starting is always the tough part.  There are few results in the beginning, a lot of challenges and so on.  So I am going to take this excitement as far as it will go.

As promised, I did a workout on the treadmill yesterday.  I walked with alternating 1 minute runs and increasing inclines.  I had it set in my head that running is the ultimate cardio but I was quickly reminded how an inclined walk can kick my tush.  And it did :)  I was huffing and puffing and I loved the challenge.  Its great to be reminded that there are so many exercise options!

Today the inlaws came.  It was a nice visit.  I ate probably more dip than I should have, and a donut too many but overall I was happy with my day.  I chose to get on the treadmill again this evening.  I decided to do one of the preset trainer workouts.  These are so nice when I want to take the brainwork out of challenging myself.  Its set and I go along with it.  Again I was reminded not to underestimate the power of walking at an incline.  I did two 30 minute sessions back to back and was sweating something fierce when I was done.  The speeds and inclines vary throughout making it impossible to get bored.  Am I possibly saying something positive about the treadmill???????????????  Hmmm...

I decided to bring the "Today's reason for losing weight" and "Today I am thankful for " back into my blog.  I was doing that for a long time and seemed to have phased it out without realizing.  So here it goes.

Today's reason for losing weight:
*I was very unhappy to see the extra weight on my arms when I wore a tshirt today.  I had it gone once and I will do it again.  I have never thought of my arms as one of my problem areas but putting some of the weight back on clearly made a (nasty) difference in that area.

Today I am thankful for :
*my friends.  Many of my friends have called to check on my little girl who has been sick.  Its nice to know that people genuinely care.  Its a nice reminder that small acts of kindness really do touch people.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I think bringing back your "Today" reasons is a great idea. I hope you'll be posting more regularly now.
P.S. Have you heard from Kristin at all? She hasn't updated her blog since October.

Shelley said...

Love it - don't question why you're so motivated, just go with it!

Anonymous said...

Love when motivation is in full force!!!

Jen@FoodFamilyFitness

Polar's Mom said...

How is your baby girl??

I agree...for me getting started is the hardest part, but by then I have worked up all I need to get to goal (staying there might be problematic),and I like to do it quickly! Once I have decided, it is kinda a done deal. Getting to the decision is the hard part!