Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 9 Body for Life and Week 1 results

My week one results are okay, but I would have liked to have done better. But hey, I am glad I lost. I am just used to week one losses being larger.  Plus its that time of the month for me and I feel so huge and bloated. I drank a ton of water yesterday and it didn’t seem like much came out... so I am hoping I am just retaining and next week will be better.
I have also realized that I have been eating too much.  My portions are bigger than they are supposed to be I think.  This plan is not cut and dry as far as serving size.  A protein serving is the size of your open palm, width of a deck of cards.  Um, does this include just your palm or fingers too?  These are things a girl who loves food needs to know!  Carbohydrate servings are the size of your closed fist.  But some info I found said 1 cup for liquid but most serving sizes are 1/2 cup so I dont know. This week I am going with a little less and I will see what happens.
Starting weight: 190.6  
Today’s weight: 187.2
Loss: 3.4 lbs

Starting body fat %- 38.6%
Today’s- 38.2%
Loss: .4%

Starting BMI: 32.6
Todays BMI: 32.2
Loss: .4
The hubs and I did upper body last night.  I pushed myself.  It felt great.  I love working out with the hubs.  Even though we are doing our own thing its so nice to have him there.
Today's reason for losing weight:
*being able to walk into a store and pick something off the rack and know it will fit.
Today I am thankful for:
*most of my gift wrapping is done.

9 comments:

Kelly said...

Jennifer, a loss is a loss. I think it was a great first week for you! Just continue what you're doing and the weight will come off. =)

SG said...

that is an awesome LOSS!!!! and if you say my comment on your last post you WERE still probably retaining a little from free day?? that is a great number. own it sister!!!

Shelley said...

I think losing nearly 3.5 pounds in a week is AWESOME - you did great, Jenn!

Leesa said...

One thing that really helped me with portion size was weighing my food and tracking my calories with myfitnesspal.com. so I knew what my daily calorie intake was each day. It was a true lifesaver for me and helped me lose 50lbs. It is amazing how small servings really are compared to what we think they are. I realized that my serving of peanut butter was actually more like 2. Wow!

You are doing great! Keep it up :)

Sarah from Onmyweightohappiness said...

That is an amazing loss you should be very proud of yourself.
For myself personally I use a scale to weigh all of my food in ounces. Sometimes I use measuring cups but my scale is the holy grail for myself. Like for my dinners I try to eat 4-5 oz of protein (meat), 2/3 cup of veggie and maybe a side of 1/4 cup of rice or potato. Most time I just opt for my protein & veggie.

foodfamilyfitness.com said...

That's a fabulous loss for being the week of your cycle...dang! I'm jealous!!!!

Jen@FoodFamilyFitness

Big Butt said...

well done. 3.5 pounds is agreat loss and its heading the right way that counts.
I sometimes fail with portion size to as I love my food. Well done to you x x

Debby said...

3 1/2 lb loss is amazing!!!! Be proud and celebrate!!!!!!!

Burn fat, lose weight, lose weight fast , weight loss , weight loss diet said...

Are you want to know about how to :
Burn fat
lose weight
lose weight fast
weight loss
weight loss diet
The inspiration behind this book is years of struggling to lose weight and keep the fat off. My highest weight fluctuated between 307lbs. to 315lbs. I was very obese and unhealthy. I needed to lose the weight and change my eating habits.
For know details visit our website : http://www.diminishfat.com/