Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 1 of Medifast

So today is the big day, 2/25/10. I am starting Medifast at the recommendation of my dr. At first I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical when he said he thought I could lose 50 lbs by June(and technically I should lose at least 70 but 50 would be great for me). But then I realized that it is a medical program that my doctor backs so I have nothing to lose...except a little money :) Before even discovering Medifast I had this whole realization that I really need to do something with my weight. And this time it was different. It wasnt just that I want to be thin or happy with what I see in the mirror. I want to be healthy. I want to feel good, both physically and mentally. I want to be a great mom to my kids. And for the first time in sooo long I feel that my motivation is strong! My dr must have seen that in me too because he commented on how my motivation will be the key to my success.
Once the medifast order was placed I got more excited than I thought I ever would be. I am excited about my decision to do the program and excited to make this committment to myself. But I am also realistic. I dont expect the food to be gourmet, and I expect the program it to be challenging. But I am ready for this challenge! And I certainly would not have spent the money if I didnt think I was.
Well the box of food came yesterday and I am starting today. I woke up ready to tackle this. I am ready to take control of my life! I did my share of research on the Medifast before I signed up for it. That is just the type of person I am. I really like the idea of having a health coach as well. But there isnt much you can do to decide what foods you will like until you taste them! So I ordered a little of this and a little of that....
This morning I had a french vanilla shake. I put it in the Magic Bullet. I was expecting the worst because I figured it cant possibly taste good and work! I used 8 oz of water with it and thought it looked a little watery. But it did froth up and blend nicely in the bullet. I was pleasantly surprised that I really liked it! It tasted good and was much thicker than I expected. It did have a little grainy texture to it but in my opinion it didnt affect the yummy taste. And most importantly I was satisfied when I was done. Then for my mid morning snack I had a fruit and nut crunch bar. That too was pretty good. I dont think it was as good as the mint one I sampled at the dr's office, but it was still tasty. And now I am off to make some lunch. I am going to try the chili and see how that goes. I am sure there will be a lot of trial and error in preparation! I will keep posting and I hope others will too. My main reason for this blog is to give motivation to others and I also hope to get some back.

4 comments:

Ron said...

Nice job!

Karen said...

I hope you achieve what you want with this! I wish you luck!

Sue said...

Congrats on taking the first step and most important step in your updated healthy life stye, way to go!

Jennifer said...

Thank you to you all. I am hoping this will be the motivation and inspiration I need :)