Monday, December 6, 2010

Checking in (Jennifer)

Just a quick check in.  Tomorrow I see a nurse practitioner at the ENT practice.  I made the appt last week because I am getting fed up with how I am feeling.  My glands near my ear and down the left of my neck are still swollen.  And I am pretty sure the antibiotics(all three rounds now) arent helping whatever it is that is going on.  I am weaning off of my short treatment of steroids, 8 days total, and surprisingly I am not sure they helped that much either.  They certainly did NOT help as far as my eating is concerned.  And to be honest I cant wait to feel back in control of what I put in my mouth.  My appetite on steroids is so hard to explain.  Its more than just being hungry.  I am ravenous. My stomach is growling and hungry(starving it seems) yet my tummy is full.   But I eat anyway, as if I hadnt eaten in days.  Its kind of like the whole middle step of thought processing before eating is non existent.  This experience has taught me a lot about myself.  It made me realize how(before this week) I was really doing pretty well with my thought processes in my everyday diet for the last several months.   I have been able to exercise control and eat proper foods that made me feel good.  I look forward to getting back there.

Thanks for all your thoughts, well wishes and prayers.  They are much appreciated. 

Jennifer

8 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

The hunger you describe is like when I was pregnant. It was much more of an intense hunger. Hope it all gets better and taken care of! :-)-

WWSuzi said...

I hope they give you something that will help you! Feel better soon!

divad said...

Oh sweet, steroids really mess with the mind/body. I remember how I felt on them and it wasn't pretty. You poor thing...I'm impressed you are seeing the positives! Hang in there.

Brandi {1 of 2} said...

I hope they figure out what's wrong! I've had the same type of thing going on for 6 weeks, but my lymph nodes aren't swollen and my lungs sound clear. I've gotten over the cold symptoms, but still have no energy and get short of breath with very little activity. I'm on my 3rd antibiotic, had steroids, and 2 inhalers. I have a referral to a pulmonologist. I'm crossing my fingers for both of us!

Jessica said...

Let us know how the appointment goes today.

Shelley said...

Hang in there Jennifer - hope you get some answers tomorrow. :)

Laura said...

I hope that it gets figured out! That sounds very frustrating!

Take care!

Jen said...

Good luck to you! Hopefully something works soon!!!

jen
http://jenslosinit.blogspot.com/