Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Getting nervous (Jennifer)

I have been saying how I have been back and forth to the dr and they kept saying bronchitis, then it was bronchitis on its way to pneumonia...etc.  I have now been on antibiotics for what seems like forever.  I went back in for my follow up this morning and told her I really dont feel much better.  I still feel like there is something in my chest I cant get out.  She listened and said it sounds wheezy and like pneumonia.  She also said the glands on the left side are extremely swollen and I have quite a bit of fluid in my left ear.  I got a chest x-ray and I am waiting for the resuts.  But I have to be honest.  I am getting really nervous that it is more than pneumonia.  She put me on round 3 of antibiotics and now steroids too (ugh).  Which is odd because she said today that she has already used the "big guns" on me (Cipro and Levaquin).  To me, (I am not a dr by any means)  if it were pneumonia wouldnt it be getting better with all these antibiotics?? 

So now I wait for the dr to call me with my xray results.  She is off tomorrow so I am hoping I hear something today.  I get myself all nervous waiting for results like these.  I am a nervous nelly.  And, I am a little sour with my previous medical experiences, as I have posted about before, so that doesnt help either.  I have been so tired.  It just isnt like me to feel like I want to nap during the day or to still feel exhausted when I wake up in the morning.  I am hoping this all gets cleared up fast.  I am petrified there is something really wrong.

Jennifer

11 comments:

Kristi said...

I hope everything is okay. My daughter gets the same thing almost every year. Her cough seems to last forever and they give her antibiotics, do xrays, and it alway turns out to be nothing. Just something that takes so long to get rid of.

Sarah said...

What "seems like forever" for you? A true case of pneumonia can take almost a month to get over. You need to rest, fluids and take your antibiotics like you were ordered to my your MD. But remember this will only work if your pneumonia is bacterial in origin. If it is a viral pneumonia - all the drugs in the world will not help you sorry. You may want to try a bronchodilator for your lungs and of course codeine for your cough if you have one and cannot sleep.
Sarah (p.s I am a Registered Nurse)

Jennifer said...

This has been going on almost 3 months now :(

Sarah said...

Okay I totally agree three months is far to long. As for a referral to a respirologist (perhaps my spelling might be wrong here) You need to rule out somethings then. Good luck with it. I really enjoy your blog.

Jessica said...

Oh how scary!! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts!! Keep us updated!

Kelly said...

Jennifer - I really hope you get better soon. Take the meds, get all the tests, and get as much information as you can.

Paul and Whitney Rohrbaugh said...

Hope you feel better soon! In the fall and around February I get terrible boughts of bronchitis every year. It's like clock-work. It usually takes me weeks to get rid of it. I hope it's nothing serious and you're back to feeling great in no time at all!

The Fat Mom said...

I hope things aren't as bad as they seem. 3 different antibiotics is not a good thing. Hopefully you feel better soon and get those results ASAP.

jennifer said...

I really hope that everything's okay. Keep us updated!! In my prayers,

Jennifer
http://iamabeginnerrunner.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

Jennifer-
Please let us know what the doc says...a few years ago I had a Mono/Pneumonia combo and it was terrible! Take it easy!

weight loss said...

The desire to lose weight must come from the individual. If you're truly ambivalent about making changes in your lifestyle or are doing this to please someone else, you're likely to fail. When making changes, decide what's right for your lifestyle.