Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Something to prove (Jennifer)

All your comments yesterday were so encouraging, so instead of hanging around sulking about my large gain on the scale yesterday I decided to fight back.  I had something to prove to myself.  That the darn scale was not going to rule me.  I did the weight class at the gym yesterday morning and then intended on going for a run later in the day outside.  Well, the day got away from us and it wasnt until after the kids went to bed last night that I had some time.  So, I hopped on the treadmill (aka- Dreadmill).  I thought I would do around 3 miles and burn about 450 calories if I had it in me. 

MUCH to my surpise, something came over me when I was running.  I drudged through mile 2 and then decided I could go longer because it seemed to get better for me.  I would aim for 4 miles.  I kept it on a leisurely pace for me, 5mph.  I had my tunes on and felt great.  I  had new running shoes the hubs bought me and this ROCKSTAR bra that I am sure couldnt be better for me!!!  Around 4.5 miles in I definately got some kind of burst of energy.  I was singing and hootin and hollerin...I think I startled the hubs who was quietly watching TV after his workout. 

So, when all was said and done.....6.6 miles on the treadmill!!!!!!!!!!!!   That is a record for me as my longest run was 5 miles and that was only one time.  I completed a 10K...my first ever!!!!   My 10K time was 73 minutes.  Once I got to 6.2 miles(10K) I decided I would try to make it to 7 miles.  And I could have...except apparently my treadmill shuts off and stops when you get to 1000 calories burned.  Interesting right?  Nonetheless, I am so proud of myself for my accomplishment. 

Today between the two exercise events yesterday my body is sooooo sore.  Even walking seems a task.  But its okay with me!!!

Jennifer

8 comments:

Jessica said...

You go!!! I struggled through two miles last night. UGH! But I will be back at it tonight ;)

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

Saweet girl! You totally rock!!

Shelley said...

Love this!!! And your 10K time was great - are you ready for a race now? :)

Lesia said...

OMG girl you are amazing. Were you running for me too. smile.

Anonymous said...

Wow! that's a fantastic accomplishment! Way to go!

Kelly said...

Jennifer- way to fight back! Great time on your 10K!

divad said...

Forget the rockstar bra - you are the rockstar baby!

Jen said...

I am so dang proud of you!!!! You are a rockstar!!!

Jen
http://jenslosinit.blogspot.com/