Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Busy week (Jennifer)

My mom is in town for the week.  I love when she comes to visit.  We are very close and I love to spend time with her.  Plus, she is such a huge help with the kids and it is almost like I get a break!  My girls just love her so much and it warms my heart. 

Yesterday was my birthday.  It was a nice day.  My dad is here for a few days too and we went out on the boat for a while and then had my favorite subs for dinner.  It has been a while since I had them and I have to say that I was a little disappointed.  It wasnt quite what I expected.  I changed some things up to make it a little healthier (wheat bread, no blue cheese, etc) and apparently it made a huge difference.  But thats okay.  My 3 year old wanted me to have a Minnie cake so we managed that.  We bought a very small lemon cake and somehow turned it into a rockstar Minnie cake.  I did eat the cake(a small piece) but no ice cream.  I also decided I deserved some cookies.  Afterall, it was my birthday.  I had 3 mint cookies and they were fabulous.  Overally I think I handled "my day" pretty well.  The old Jen would have housed half the bag of cookies for sure.

I went to the gym this morning.  I did some cardio and upper body and tomorrow I am going to bring my mom and we are going to do Zumba!  I have not been going to the gym as much as I used to for the main reason that the girls were sick and then we had lots going on.  But I am not concerned and I know I will get back into the swing of it when things slow down and get back to to normal.

Margene-as for what music I listen to...I used to listen to country almost all the time.  Good, clean music.  But since I have been jogging I feel that I need something a little more upbeat.  Whats on my MP3 player is really all over the place.  Some country, some rock...But I try to find some hip hop stuff to keep me going for when I jog.  The only problem is that I am getting older and obviously have matured,  and I dont care for what they are singing about usually.  The beat is great but most of the time I find myself saying "I cant believe they allow this music on the radio" and "I dont want my kids to hear this".  It isnt like they are swearing or anything but in my "good girl" mentality it seems BOLD.  So I find myself constantly looking for stuff that is upbeat AND clean.

4 comments:

Bring Pretty Back said...

jennifer~ 64 pounds down! You rock! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You handles the eating on your day - great!
YES! You deserve new bra's!
I know what you mean about the music~ I have music on my ipod that would make a sailor blush.( i'm doing a post on it) That is actually the title. haha!
But , I need fast upbeat music to keep myself moving!

Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Laura said...

Hey, Happy Birthday! You're doing great! My birthday's next month, and I feel like I'd want to do a whatever day, but I have a feeling I probably won't and will actually keep track of myself, even for a special day.

I hope you had a good one!

Ron said...

Jennifer, I hear Charlie Pride is a good choice to listen to. You should put him on your iPod!

Karen said...

I have to agree with you on the music stuff. 93Q used to be the station we let Ally listen to and not 107.9-but now 93Q is getting just as bad. The songs that are out there these days are crazy. Like you said, I can't believe some of that stuff is on the radio. It's not all swear words, just what they are implying in the song. Thankfully Ally is a little too young to "get" what most of the songs mean but I don't want her going around and singing them either. If we don't have the DVD player on in the van we listen to country. We control what goes on her iPod. Pretty bad that you have to pretty much censor everything in your childs' life.