Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Another lesson learned (Jennifer)


This weight loss journey has taught me so many valuable lessons along the way, both physical and mental lessons.  I embrace all of this new knowledge and look forward to what I will learn next.  Yesterday I said I thought my body needed a rest.  So many of you chimed in and agreed.  I thank you for that.  I listened to you all, and myself, and took the day off.  A day of rest.  After the girls went to bed I caught up on some great reading.  And you were all right.  My body repaid me today in a way that was so amazing.  I went to my zumba class this morning.  Last week when I went I just wasnt "on my game".  My body would not keep up and I kept watching the clock like this class was dreadful or something.  The same on Monday night when I went to my class.  This morning I really wasnt sure what to expect.  Much to my surprise I was totally into this class.  I felt like a rockstar.  My body paid me back 1000 times over for the day of rest I gave it.  Who knew?  All of you apparently :)  To me this is an awesome lesson learned.  I was getting a little nervous after having two classes of feeling like I was in slow motion and in some kind of fog.   I was starting to wonder what was going on.  I was run down.  Period.  My body asked for rest...I gave it...it thanked me.  End of story :)

Have a great day! 

Jennifer

10 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Nice. So glad it worked out for you!! Keep it up, you rock!

Joy said...

That is awesome - thanks for the reminder. I tend to get on myself if I take a day off. I will listen to you! Hugs!

Sara said...

Learning to really learn to listen to my body has been a mixed bag of a struggle for me. It's not been a terribly reliable source of information, so I have to take what it tells me with a grain of salt sometimes.

Kudos to you for listening and making a choice that honored your body and the goals you have for it!

Lesia said...

Jennifer that's awesome! So happy you got your rest. smile.

Tara Kieninger said...

I'm sidelined now with a knee injury and I'm itching to get going again, but I know I need to give it rest. So glad to hear that your rest worked out for you. Fingers crossed that mine will do the same for me. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Ann Summerville said...

I'm glad you were able to rest and got back to enjoying your class. Loved the picture.
Ann

99ToGo said...

There's nothing like hopping and skipping through a class like you're an Energizer Bunny!! Glad your day of rest paid off :)

Syl said...

so glad you listened to your body and rested! Great work!
Oh and the run we are doing is "run for a cure" so I am thinking you are doing the same one.

M said...

Glad to hear! The body needs rest to repair and rejuvenate from all activities.

Laura said...

That's great that it worked! I've never really thought about it, and although I don't exercise every single day, there have been a day or two here or there where I felt like my feet were stuck in quicksand and I had to force myself to get through it.

YAY for rest!