Monday, September 13, 2010

Just doesnt feel right (Jennifer)


Today my big little one went to preschool!  Wow!!!  Where did the time go?  There were no tears today though which was an improvement.  I got them out on Friday when we went for orientation.  She was so excited to go!  And I here I was in disbelief that the day was here!  Wasnt she just born yesterday?  Next year my littlest little one will go too!  I will probably be beside myself.  She already cant wait!



I appreciate every minute I have with these little girls.  They are my pride and joy and they are getting so big so fast.  Okay...tearing up...sniff...

Where was I?  Right...It just didnt feel right(my title today).  I have been following South Beach for about a week now.  I have been saying all along that it just didnt feel right.   It felt like dieting eating when I am allowed to eat certain foods and not others and so on.  The scale this morning did say 161.4 this morning.  And for that I am grateful.  I have flirted with that number before but never stayed for longer than a day.  I have battled all week with my head telling me the way I have been eating is not right.  Meat, cheese, eggs, and some veggies.  So....I made the decision to come off.  It wasnt like I caved and got ice cream or anything.  No.  I got up and had a whole grain sandwich thin with whipped cream cheese and all natural jelly...for 160 calories :)  I appreciate food again and for that I am happy.  For snack, a yogurt.  For dinner tonight:  turkey chili.  So...it was a good thing for me to do because the plan made me appreciate food again.  And that is important for me.  It allows me to eat in moderation better.  Before, I got a little greedy and was nibbling here and there, and having this or that snack just because I felt like it.  And for the most part, I have handled it well.  I have maintained within a few pounds for months now.  That, to me, is a huge deal.  It lets me know that I CAN do this.  I CAN be healthy!  I am feeling on track and appreciative.  I know the 161 will be short lived as it is probably water weight but I will continue with what I consider to be healthy eating (whole grains, fruits, veggies, etc).  To me...this is what feels right.  This whole  journey, to my surprise, has become so much more than a number on the scale to me.  Thanks to you all for your continued support.  It really means the world to me.

8 comments:

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

Your girls are ADORABLE! Simply the cutest things ever. I hope your daughter love pre-school and has a wonderful time. You look awesome. I don't know if I could even squat down like you are in those pics... I haven't tried but last time I could not do that. Yes, you can be healthier! Sounds like you are getting more in tune with your body and mind and finding that place where you can balance the two. I think you're doing Fabulously!!
~Margene

Jess said...

I'm still struggling with my diet too. I don't want it to be "a diet" but let's face it...it is. I go back and forth between calorie counting, low-carb, shakes, and portion control...oh, the choices.

I have a blondie and brunette, too (daughters). Everyone always comments on their different hair color... :) Love them!

John said...

Jen, Just like many of us, you have found that YOU know what is best for you and your body. Some struggle understanding the whole diet thing, but when you have been on so mnay and done so much for so long, you soon learn that you already knwo what to do and how to do it. And believe it or not, that is when it becomes so easy to keep going and lose the weight.
Keep going and stay strong. YOU know you can lose it and be healthy.
Good luck with the girls! Mine are out and gone now, but I remember those days!

Lesia said...

The girls are as cute as a button. I can see why you are ((sniff)). You eating habits are just that. HABITS!!! You will do great at maintenance. Chin up girlfriend!! I see the 150's.

Karen said...

You look great! :) Your hard work is paying off! I think you made the right choice of coming off South Beach. You didn't seem to like it and with that being said would make doing it that much harder. You do what works for you!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Good for you for listening to what your head tells you! I'm not a big fan of the NO CARBS either. Yes, it makes sense not to eat Lucky Charms for breakfast and a loaf of garlic bread for lunch but to eliminate them completely? I'm not a fan. I do admit, many have seen GREAT results and I tip my hat to those who continue to have success. It's just not for me either.

Nibbling is where I have to stop. Pizza crusts from the kids, hand ful of pretzels, last couple bites of spaghetti, stuff like that. I'm easily packing in 300 calories too much, just nibbling. Plus with the 300 calories that I'm eating too much anyways is just causing me to be a stalemate! I'm going nowhere.

Your kids are adorable and there are always tears from mom when the kids first go off!

divad said...

Oh yes you can do this Jennifer! We can do this Jennifer! You look amazing and your girls...so cute!!!

Laura said...

Your daughters are so cute! If I had kids, I'd miss them too, especially on the first day of school. :)

That's great that you're figuring out what's working and what's not working. It's really no fun to be eating healthier when you feel like you're on a diet. That kind of feeling makes me wanna splurge.