Monday, September 27, 2010

Woke up this morning... (Jennifer)

I woke up this morning expecting my ankle to be in pain.  But it wasnt!  However, my back was killing me.  I was tossing and turning and it just hurt.  I have had this happen before when I started running.  And I have treated this situation in two different ways in the past.  The first few times I thought, I cant run for a while.  I would wait until it felt better.  But when I really started getting serious about my running a few months back, I got a little hardcore and went running one morning (despite the fact that I could barely WALK when I got up).  And I am so glad that I chose to do that on that day.  Because the actual run wasnt painful to my back and actually loosened things up and it was better afterwards too!  So thats what I did this morning.  And it worked the same way!  . The legs hurt from my runs, but in a good way.  I welcome pain that is proof of my hard work!!!

I saw on TV last night that there was quite a bit of rain coming in for the coming days.  I actually got onto the weather station online and looked at the hourly report for the morning.  I really wanted to run since I did it yesterday.  I had a few hours in the early morning to get a run in before the rain got here.  So I did that!  I got up, got dressed, got my littles ones all ready for the day(the bigger little one had school), and went out for my 2 miles..  The cool weather really is the best!  I got home, loaded the kiddies in the car (still all sweaty -time was tight) and dropped one off at school and then headed to the gym with the other.  I did some strength training.  I thought...am I getting my "thang" back?  My MOJO?  Whoo hoo!!!

Today's reason for losing weight (back by popular demand...hehe):

To motivate others.  If I had personally known someone who changed their life the way that I have I may have started on this journey earlier.  I wish I had found the blogging world earlier to see that real people make real changes to better themselves.  And if they can do it, so can I!  And I hope that someday someone can look at my journey and realize they can do it to!  My work is not done...it will always be a work in progress!


Today I am thankful for:

the truck that drove by me on my run this morning.  Now, cars drive by me all the time on my runs.  But today something hit me.  The truck was going by me and I waved.  He waved back. I had no idea who it was and thats when it hit me.  To random people I look like A RUNNER.  I am a runner?  When I used to see people running I would think "wow..good for them.  It takes a pretty fit and committed person to be a runner".  Now I am one. Not a big deal, just one of those moments that hit me like a brick.  I love how those sneak up sometimes :)

7 comments:

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

It's so neat that you push through your pain and make it work for you. So glad you had a good run day and realized that you are a runner now... to all those passing you. One day I'll be there too.

I love your reason for losing weight too and how you want to motivate others. That's exactly how I feel. Because I still remember how vividly I felt when all my weight was on, and I just want others to NOT have to feel that way. We all need encouragement and cheerleaders and less critics (starting with how we treat ourselves!).

Keep runnin' girl!

~Margene

divad said...

I can totally relate. I used to actually be ticked at people for running, out of pure jealousy I think.

I hope your body is feeling better. Sometimes when I ache, the only thing that soothes the aches and pains is to run. It's so weird!

Lesia said...

yep you are a runner now!

Polar's Mom said...

MoJo-YAY!!! Great job. I liked to run for the same reason. I guess if you do it right the only thing that should really ever be sore is your legs.

Great work on the motivation-keep it up!!!

Polar's Mom
www.polarspage.blogspot.com

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Aren't simple thoughts like that awesome? Good for you! You ARE a runner!

MizFit said...

you are a runner.

because youve chosen to be.

xo xo

Karen said...

Good for you! It's good to hear that you feel like you are getting back to where you were. See you can do it! Pretty soon we'll be reading that you are up to 3 miles. Go Jen Go!