Sunday, September 19, 2010

Stumbled (Jennifer)

I think this is the first time in this journey that I can actually say that I have stumbled.  I mean, there have been meals here and there or even days that werent stellar(I AM human afterall), but this past week hasnt been good.  And I guess I am not all that surprised.  When you throw the stress of a new routine in  with the inability to exercise at full potential it is an not a pretty outcome.  But I recognize it.  I am an all or nothing kinda girl.  But I have come too far.  I am not even going to get on the scale, as I havent for a few days now.  I didnt want to know because I dont want the discouragement.  But this journey is way more than numbers for me.  I have learned so much along the way.  Tomorrow, I am going to the gym.   I will attempt the elliptical for cardio and pray to God that my ankle allows it without pain or popping.  I am hoping it is my saving grace.  Just because I cant do my preferred exercises(running and zumba) at this point doesnt mean I cant do ANYTHING.  This is just a bump in the road.  I need to get back to feeling good about me.  And it is more than just numbers on a scale, it is about making the right choices.  Exercise and making good choices makes me feel good.

So there you have it.  I may not have answers about this ankle right now, but I am not going to let it get me down.  I am not going to become a blob on the couch.  If there is no tear in the tendon and it is sore just a bit then maybe its just a really long healing process.  The scan showed bruising even several weeks after my injury.  So maybe all will be fine soon.  One can hope right?  And maybe the popping is something I can get used to with every step.  At this point it totally annoys me.  Enough that I have created a new walk for myself to avoid the pop.  Who knows....maybe with time(certainly not yet) I will attempt a short run once the soreness is gone.  Time will tell... Please keep your fingers crossed :)

9 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

It happens to every one. You recognize it, now just jump over that hurdle and don't look back. Keep positive!

Anonymous said...

Good luck and hope your ankle feels better.

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

My fingers are crossed for ya!! Sending prayers your way girl! :)

~Margene

Raegun said...

Hi Jennifer - thanks for your comment over at my blog. It sucks that we're both struggling right now, but at least we can encourage each other, right? ;)
I hope the elliptical works for you - those machines can provide a fantastic workout. Take it easy and you'll be back to zumba and running before you know it!
Rae
xo

Ann Summerville said...

Try and stay positive Jennifer, I know this must be hard for you. I did the whole boot thing with my ankle a couple of years ago and it's very frustrating. I have had trouble focusing since Labor Day which was my goal day and have gained a pound or so. I started the 30 day shred again and it was so difficult to get through. Do you have a swimming pool at the gym? That would be less of a strain on your ankle, but maybe upper body might be the way to go for now.
Ann

Winner at a Losing Game said...

Geez, could it be any harder? Sometimes this just feels like such an uphill battle. I am with you, Jen. Hold tight, the sun is shining somewhere!

Vagabonds Mercantile said...

Good luck with the ankle I hope it's better soon. I know you won't let this get in your way. I have a friend who had a foot injury so she just started to exercise in the pool. It's helps to burn calories while not harming any injuries.

Lesia said...

fingers and toes are crossed over here for you. Chin up girlfriend!

Laura said...

Fingers crossed! I hope you're better soon!