Monday, May 16, 2011

Comfort Eating (Jennifer)

I have realized over the past year of this journey that I am Not a comfort eater. Actually, if I am stressed or down my body doesn't want to eat. It's when I am happy that I eat. I love food. Period. So many enjoyable options, especially the ones that are extra tasty and earned me a fatty liver. Food makes me happy. Some people enjoy fishing, or scrapbooking, or partying. Me... I enjoy food! Not necessarily cooking it but surely eating it! It's been important for me to learn this.

I am still not feeling "normal" physically. There is no doubt something is going on with my body and it just hasn't been discovered yet. I pray it's nothing serious. This week is the last of my physical therapy visits and as much as I had hoped they would help, they haven't much. But the therapist there agrees with me that there is definately something larger going on. She said she was going to call my dr, who in my opinion seems to have thrown his hands up in uncertainty. I almost hate calling or going there because I know it frustrates him that it hasn't been figured out yet. Plus, the people at the front desk arent always pleasant, which is sad in that type of environment.  I am glad  she will call him for me. I am trying to be my own advocate and trying to be patient as well. But it's scary.

Todays reason for losing weight:
*I love knowing that I am putting healthy things into my body. I love eating things that I like that I also know are good for me!  I enjoy learning about how certain foods are beneficial to my body.

Today I am thankful for:
*Food!  Because this is the second round of Medifast for me (round one was successful and I kept the weight off...round two is to try to get the last bit off) I am again getting an appreciation for food.  I want things like peanut butter and jelly, yogurt, fruit, granola...  things that if I werent on Medifast I wouldnt crave like I am now.  It puts things into perspective that there are lots of healthy things that are enjoyable.  Thats a tough point for me to get to and I am thankful I am there.  In the past, yummy foods were cookies, cake, ice cream, fast food(LOTS of fast food), etc....  But now I just want a yogurt and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole grain bread. 

6 comments:

WWSuzi said...

I really hope they find the problem soon!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I hope you feel better soon and I hope you're as successful on your second round as you were on the first.

Shabby Chic Mom said...

I wish you all the success. Im sure you can do it!
I hope you feel better.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I know what you mean. I used to feel guilty for eating 2 double cheeseburgers from the drive through, now I feel guilty if I eat an extra 1/2 turkey sandwich or have an extra handful of walnuts or something. Much different person! Keep truckin!

Jessica said...

I know you must be so frustrated...I certainly hope it is nothing serious.

Kimberly said...

I'm so sorry you're still going through all of this. Is there anyway that you can go to a different doctor? Maybe a second opinion is what's needed. Don't give up girl. Pray and continue to search for answers until you find them!!!

I'm praying for you!!!