Thursday, May 5, 2011

Spring

Could it be that I woke up this morning to some sunshine??  We live in NY, near a huge lake and therefore cloud cover is much more common than sunshine, especially in winter and spring.  Its one thing I noticed fairly quickly(along with the tons of lake effect snow) when we moved here.  So, it was kind of a treat to wake up to the sun, especially with all the rain we have had this past month.

However, the hubs had to go to work pretty early today.  Around 5:30 I hear him calling for me asking me to help him.  I hopped out of bed immediately because I know him and he doesnt ask for help...ever.  So I went into the bathroom and see that he has a tick on his leg.  A deer tick...embedded with the red mark and all.  I removed it and looked it up online, even though I knew it was a deer tick and what he needed to do.  We have pulled many ticks off the dog and I have done my research.  I finally convinced him that he needs to go to the dr right away and get specific anitbiotics.  He finally agreed to go as soon as they opened.  I am waiting to hear from him.

***Update:  the hubs went and they gave him antibiotics just from what they could see on his leg.  They sent the tick away for testing to see how long it was embedded but this will not determine if it had lyme disease.  For now we need to watch the site on his leg for any changes.  Please say a prayer.  Thanks.
Today's reason for losing weight:
*Self confidence.  Is there anything better than feeling good about yourself?  It can overflow into other parts of our lives.

Today I am thankful for:
*having the opportunity to do Medifast.  I had a friend give me some left over food she had and that has helped to make it financially possible.   I am also thankful for my appetite that seems to have shrunken.  This can be a tough plan if you are hungry.  I am thankful that for the past few days I have been able to manage that.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oh no! I don't know a single thing about ticks and lyme disease, but I hope your husband is ok!!!

Jen

Kimberly said...

I'll say a prayer and hope everything is okay with your hubby!

gastric bypass surgery Los Angeles said...

As much as we love the food that we eat when we hit unhealthy diseases we regret having them.So restrain when you can little by little and make sure to exercise and keep the pounds from pounding on you.