Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The itch (Jennifer)

Yesterday and today I hit the gym.  Even though I am still doing Medifast I decided I really wanted to do some toning with weights.  So I went yesterday not knowing what to expect.  I was so happy that the people there were so nice and welcoming when I returned!  Its been a few months since I have gone and even longer since I was on a regular routine of going several times a week.  There were hugs and sweet words from people and it really made my day.  It motivated me for some reason to work harder.  I decided before starting that I wanted to redo my measurements.  They were all right on or pretty close to when I had them done last which was quite a while ago.  And I was happy to learn that my weight was even down 2 lbs.  I think the last time I did my measurements I was probably the smallest I have been in this journey, so it felt good to know I was in the same ballpark!  I know that toning and going to the gym in general is a great thing for me.  I am excited to be back.

So, I went and decided I would not do much cardio because I am on Medifast.  The last time I was on Medifast I learned that when I did cardio that my body refused to lose weight.  And I would also feel sick to my stomach as well.  I am sure thats not the case for most, but it definately was the case for me.  I learned this through much trial and error.  So today and yesterday I did my regular weight training machines that I am used to and even learned how to do some different ones.  I only wish I had found them sooner!  Did you know there is a machine that works that awful part of your legs under your butt?  I am sure there is an actual name for this part for this but I just cant think of it right now.  Today, after the weights I thought, hey...I am going to try some cardio.  I hopped on the rowing machine and within 3 minutes my stomach was sick.   It was such a blast from the past and I recognized it right away.  My body just does not like cardio while doing Medifast. 

Today's reason for losing weight:
*I love how after working out I get some sore muscles.  I can feel their presence when doing simple tasks throughout the day and its a reminder that I am helping myself and on the right track!  I l ove it abd want this to be a lifetime committment for me.  Its makes me feel good.  Period.

Today I am thankful for:
*I have the ITCH to run.  Even though I ordered more Medifast food and I cannot run as of right now, I am actually excited that the day is coming when I will be off plan and I can RUN!  Its not like I am looking for an excuse to stop Medifast.  No doubt about it, its a tough plan but thats not the issue.  I will give it two more weeks until my food is gone an see how things are then.

For now...two days till weigh day.  I will not step on the scale until then. 

I hope you are all doing well.  I am missing some of my regular commenters...where are you?!?!

Jennifer

11 comments:

Sue said...

Hey there, keep up the good work and stay positive.!
Love, mom

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I know what you mean by actually LIKING sore muscles! It makes you feel like you are doing something!

Glad the exercise is going well, stay away from the rowing machine for awhile. :-)

divad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
divad said...

It sounds like you are in a great place. Intersting that you found cardio slowed down your weight loss on Medi fast. I had a Weight Watchers leader who used to say that. Hmmmm...maybe I need to rethink my running!!!

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

Great job getting to the gym again. Bet that felt GREAT! I like how you are in tune with your body. I am learning that myself. You are doing so well!

I ran today and got up to 7 minutes and did 3 runs at 7 minutes and my knee didn't even hurt. I totally thought of you. That first 7 minutes took it out of me, though and I was fighting to breath. I love how it gets easier when you stick with it.

You are sticking with it and will reach your goal, I know it!!

God bless...
~Margene

LauraAnn said...

I just love reading your posts.... I keep checking back to see if there is a new one! I am so motivated after reading them.... don't stop!!

Bring Pretty Back said...

My friend Karen ~ my workout buddy~ just left my house and we were talking about how our weight has gone up and our eating is out of control. We are getting back at it tomorrow! I also love how Ifeel when I work out. sore muscles and all!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Good job working out!

Jessica said...

Yay for Strength training :)

Shabby Chic Mom said...

Yeah for sore muscles.
way to go on hitting the gym. Keep up the great work. Hope you are able to get some cardio in without feeling sick. Good luck

Shelley said...

I kind of like the sore muscle feeling - weird, I know, but to me it signifies that I did something good for my body. Glad you are enjoying your workouts!