Friday, May 6, 2011

Week 3 Medifast results (Jennifer)

Today was weigh in after 3 weeks on Medifast.  I felt like I handled the week pretty well and got very excited to get on the scale this morning and see 161.2!!   Thats a loss of 3.7 lbs this week!  So why is it then that I am trying talk myself into coming off the plan all day?  My back hurt, I was ready to blame Medifast.   Really I am just looking for an excuse.  We are having company all weekend.   I look forward to it but hate that I will not be enjoying the yummy food that will come along with it.   But on the other hand, I am so close to my lowest weight and think that I should be even more motivated!  Two more lbs and I will be in the 150's.  I havent been in the 150's since college which was well over a decade ago.  Since having children via c-secions and getting this *new body* I know that I wont look like I did back then but I am still excited.  I have had a few people tell me that I dont have any  more to lose.  According to the BMI charts I have 15-20 more lbs to lose to be considered healthy.  I again talked to my husband about what he thought and he agrees that I should keep going.  My goal all along has been 150, even though I still am considered overweight by the BMI standards at that weight. 

I feel the anxiety of my unexplained health situation coming back and somehow it has taken away a little of the excitement of losing on Medifast.   There are some new symptoms, and some old ones that have revisited that get me concerned.  But I am trying my best to have faith that it isnt serious because they havent found anythng yet.  I am trying so hard to find comfort in that.

Today's reason for losing weight:
*Today my daughter had a mothers day event at her preschool.  It was so cute.  And there are always a lot of pictures taken and posted for everyone to see.  When looking at them today, I realized that I didnt think "wow...I look fat".  Now, I didnt exactly love how I looked but I did not pick at my weight like I have so many times in the past. 

Today I am thankful for:
*my ambition to clean my house today!  Its so much  nicer to do when you are ambitious!

7 comments:

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

Congrats on losing over 3 pounds this week! You are getting back in the groove... just ignore those other thoughts and focus on that goal. You CAN and ARE doing it! The 150's are going to be so SAWEET!!! I'll be doing my happy dance for ya.

Take care
~Margene

Jessica said...

You are a losing machine :)

Shelley said...

So happy to see that you are doing so well!

hav2sing said...

3.7 lbs is Awesome!!! :D :D

Keep remembering what you're gaining as you're losing ~ not what you're missing out on... ? Maybe that slight shift of mind will help?

You're doing GREAT!!

Shabby Chic Mom said...

Happy Mother's Day! Congrats on the weight loss!!

Christine said...

I think you should work towards your goal of 150 pounds. It's very do-able, and it'll give you a great sense of accomplishment to hit that mark. If you stop just shy of it, you'll always wonder "could I do it? What if I did?" So...go for it!

Congrats on the weight lossage!!!
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net

sara said...

Go for it!!! I just joined last week. They had me do a week detox. I went down 14 lbs in a week. I feel amazing! I have the same goal as you. Starting their 5 & 1plan tomorrow. I wish I know how to blog. I will follow you and encourage you to go for your goal!