Thursday, May 12, 2011

Progress (Jennifer)

Tomorrow is my weigh in after being on Medifast for 4 weeks.  I was kind of shocked to realize that a month has gone by since I started the plan.  The first week was tough but after that it was kind of like riding a bike.  My hubs and I talked last night about whether I should order some more food and do the plan through the end of May.   We decided to go for it.  Its only a few more weeks and hopefully by then I will be sitting comfortably in the 150's?   One can hope!

I decided to do a post about some of the progress I have made.  Here are some things that have changed since the beginning of my weight loss journey 65 lbs ago...

*I fit better in the seats in the car and restaurants.
*I am much less self conscious of how I look, when alone and also in front of other people.
*I love shopping again (this is NOT good for the wallet though...)
*I try on things that *different* for me.  Its fun!
*I have some self pride.
*I buy healthier things for my family to eat.
*I am more educated on health and nutrition.
*I discovered I enjoy running and feel excited every time I accomplish a run.
*I found some muscles under the flubba...
*I no longer worry about who I will bump into when out (for the fear of people seeing how much weight I had put on)
*I am a more active mother and wife for my family.

I am sure there are more things but thats what I can think of right now.

Today's reason for losing weight:
*just knowing that I can improve myself is a great feeling.  I cant tell you how much of my life I spent feeling like I was a failure at losing weight. 

Today I am thankful for:
*Last spring and summer was when I was losing the biggest chunk of my weight.  I went from a size 20/22 to a 14/16 pretty quickly so buying new clothes was necessary.  I am so thankful that I was able to give all those clothes to someone that will wear them now that I have gone down into a size 10/12.  My friend was here last weekend and every single thing I gave her fit AND looked great!  Its so great to know that my clothes and all that money that was spent on them was not wasted!

I hope you are all doing well!

2 comments:

divad said...

Love it and I'm so happy for you that the 150's are in sight!!! Keep going Jennifer...this is our time.

Hannah Houshangi said...

It's such an amazing feeling when you go to wear something and it's too big. You don't realise just how you're shrinking! Well done you and keep on moving forward!