Saturday, May 28, 2011

Happy Saturday-a quick post

I am in week one of Hal Higdons Half Marathon training schedule.  And I am happy to report that besides some minorly sore knees that it is going well.  For my cross training I have been taking some nice walks with a friend.  There is lots of food involved in this holiday weekend but I am doing my best.  It feels so much less concerning when I know that I am training for a half marathon.  And by that I dont mean I am shoveling food in, but if there is something I reallllllly want I will have a little of it. 

There is a nice little park I go running at when here visiting my parents.  And today I even inspired my friend to do a little running too!  She said she felt so happy that she did it and will continue it.  I remember when I first started running last year and I couldnt even run for 30 seconds.  I have come a long way.  Tomorrow is my 4 mile run.  Hopefully my allergies will be better tomorrow than they are today. 

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Hope your 4 miles went well!