Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Week one down!

Week one of my half marathon training schedule is done! My long run on Sunday was four miles. I set out for it an accomplished it without much struggle. My time for 4 miles was 50 minutes. Not the quickest but I was more impressed at the capability of my lungs. Thats awesome in my eyes and means more to me than my time. I did most of my running and walks at the park near my parents house. It made me excited to run because there are so many nice paths to take. It made for great scenery. But now I am home and will have to get more creative for making scenic running routes.

This is a short post today because I left my computer at my my parents house and blogging on my phone is not that fun for me... So.....I hope you all had a great weekend! I will check in again soon.

7 comments:

divad said...

Exciting. Don't worry about your pace - you are running 4 miles girl!

Enz said...

Awesome, pace will come in time!

jamie@sweatyhugs said...

Whoohoo! Congrats on finishing week 1 of your half plan! :) By the way, I meant to answer your question a few weeks ago, but yes I did complete a half marathon last September. Hardest thing ever, but I did it. Happy Training! :)

Sarah G said...

Woot! Congrats!!

Michele said...

Just found your blog. I am not a medfast expert, but do subscribe to the adage that eating less, counting calories and good exercise will do the trick as far as weight loss and getting fit. Good luck on your training for a half marathon. I check back on you! Michele
http://ruminationsasiuncoverthewomanwithin.blogspot.com/

Kimberly said...

Hi Jennifer...was just stopping by to see how you're doing. I hope all is going well with traning!!!

Kelly said...

Update soon please. Hope you're well. =)