Tuesday, November 23, 2010

BLAH (Jennifer)

Between this crappy weather and not feeling great, and then taking medicine that made me feel less great, I am kinda BLAH today.  And yesterday too for that matter.  Yup, BLAH.  Then I go to check into blogland and I see that so many of you are struggling these past few days too!  It must be the change in weather, less daylight, or just something in the air.  While I dont wish the BLAH on anyone, its nice to know its not just me!  I spent today wondering what my deal is.  Why the BLAH?  I dont think my antibiotic (round 2) is working, and to be honest I am not sure I had/have bronchitis to begin with, but hey, I a not a dr.  I have to trust that she examined me well last week.  It just feels like there is something in my chest I cant cough out.  Nasty, I know, but thats how it is.  And I have been tired...really tired.  Even took a nap when the girls did today.  That is something I never do. 

In addition, I think part of the BLAH is that I did not run yesterday or today, or have any plan of a run in this weather.  Its windy, rainy, and cold.  I am not a fan of the treadmill.  I also havent been to the weight class at the gym and with the holiday and such I dont foresee that happening until next week either :(  

I did, however, CHOOSE to work out with Tony Little tonight in front of my TV.  I think that having roadblocks in the way of my normal exercising has bummed me out a little and added to the BLAH.  So, I figured a little Tony Little spunk could do no harm.  Feeling like I am helping myself is the one of the things that I have learned helps my motivation. I do feel better having exercised, but all the way through it I wanted it to end.  I did give my all but just really was not feeling it.  I was considering a Turkey Trot 5k on Thursday but the weather the last I checked wasnt sounding great.  Do people run these things in rain and sleet?

With all the BLAH has come the want to eat bad stuff.  And for the most part I have been good.  I am logging my calories the best I can, drinking my water, eating my protein but still it doesnt seem like I am giving my all.  Odd right?  I even had a brief moment where I thought "yaaaaay, Biggest Loser is on tonight.  I can sit and watch on the couch with a treat".  Wow. Now that was a blast from the past speaking.  I quickly realized I had the thought and that my calories for the day are done.  No treats.  One word explains it best:  BLAH.

But, my chin is up!!!

Jennifer

5 comments:

Kelly said...

My Turkey Trok 5K says rain or shine, and I wll be out there rain or shine! The holidays can be depressing. Along with the weather, and the blahs. Chin up!

The Fat Mom said...

Why is it that when we feel blah that food is what we think of first? Food can make it all better! Maybe that's just me, cause I'm still struggling with it.

The weather is awful here. 80 degrees one day and 30 the next. The kiddos are hacking and blowing snot everywhere. I wish it would stay hot or stay cold.

I hope you get out of your funk soon! Good job for not getting your treat even though you had a thought to do it.

divad said...

Are we living parallel lives? LOL

Kristi said...

I'm been in a funky mood, too. I haven't exercised in the past week, I'm not logging what I eat, but I have been eating pretty well. I know if I get back into the things I've been slacking on, it'll help my mood. It's just doing it with all the holiday craziness.

Joy said...

I hope you are feeling better...I hate being sick...such a bummer.

Yes my last 5k was a stormy, rainy day. I was there with the rest of the crazies...

Saturday I'm going on a 4 miler. I think they are predicting freezing rain. That should be interesting....

Keep focused!!!