Monday, November 1, 2010

My goals and personal challenge (Jennifer)

I have been doing a lot of thinking about what I can do for myself to push past this plateau.  Because I have to be honest.  It is getting tougher and tougher for me.  Then it dawned on me.  Maybe this isnt a plateau and maybe,  instead,  its like this:  There is so much room for improvement and I should consider myself lucky to have been able to maintain this weight.  There have been challenges and slip ups and blah blah blah.  So really, after almost 5 months at this weight, I have finally decided that the only thing standing between me and my success is...ME.  This isnt a plateau anymore.  In the beginning it was, but now it is just self sabotage.

So...here are my goals I will try to accomplish.

1) I will exercise 5 times a week
*Whether its zumba, running or a walk, I want to exercise more.

2) I will journal my food and count calories
*No more excuses that I ate something bad so the heck with the rest of the day.  Nope, no more.  That is an old mental game that is trying to sneak its way back into my life.  Gotta stop it right there...

3) I will not eat any sugary snacky treats
*No donuts, cake, candy, fudge(not even pumpkin fudge)....nada. 

4) Between now and Thanksgiving I would like to run 25 miles.
*even thought it was SNOWING here today and I dont care for treadmill running.  No excuses!!!! 

5) I would like to lose one pound per week.
*this is a big deal these days!

6) I will drink at least 100 oz of water each day.


7) I will eat no more than two pieces of pizza for dinner on pizza night.  Period. 
*this is a struggle spot for me week after week.

So there.  I dont like to fail.  Thats just who I am.  So now that it is out there as an official *challenge* I can settle into the mindset I need to succeed.  If there are other goals that any of you think might tickle my fancy please feel free to mention them. 

And Jess....yes, I would love a cheerleader!!!!!!!!!!!!   Its your list of goals that got me headed down this path.  So thank you!!!!

Tomorrow is day 1 of my challenge.  And I have to say...I am excited!

Okay.

Breathe in....breathe out... 

Now...bring it on!!!!

Jennifer

13 comments:

uh said...

Good doable goals

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

Cool! Now that you've posted this, you better stick to it like I know ya can girl!! :)

~Margene

Polar's Mom said...

YAY-congrats on your recommittment! Or what is it called-renewal of vows? ;-)

Polar's Mom
www.polarspage.blogspot.com

Christine said...

I love it when we see what is really holding us back, confess it and set the goals to change it!!

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

I love your goals!

Karen said...

You crack me up! Good luck! I know you can do it! :)

Bethanny said...

We must encourage each other! I am in a rut!!

Kelly said...

Jen - pizza is such a struggle 4 me too - so I totally understand about that one. Writing about it and putting it out there for all of bloggy land to see is the 1st step. Good for you!

Christina said...

All your goals sound completely reasonable and I think they will definitely help. Good luck I hope this gets your weight loss moving again.

Joy said...

Jennifer ~ Awesome attitude!! Girl you are gonna turn this whole thing around. You can totally do this!!! I believe in you!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

Jessica said...

WooWoo! I am so ready to cheer you on :)

Jen said...

We are so much alike it's frightening!!! Can I join you on your goals?!
Shoot me an email, because I have an idea!!! jenslosinit@yahoo.com


Jen
http://jenslosinit.blogspot.com/

Lanie said...

I don't even like to SAY fail. I know just how you feel. We're gonna do better now though!

Kimberly said...

Hi Jennifer!!!

Goals are so good, aren't they? They're like a road map helping us to reach our destination. These are good solid goals. If you're anything like me, they'll inspire you to keep going. You should check out ALL of my goals on the "goals" link at the top of my blog. You can see all of them as well as when they were reached. Go for it Jennifer...you can do it!!!