Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Today's run (Jennifer)

Today I went for a run knowing that I set myself a goal/challenge to run 25 miles before Thanksgiving.  I did a 2 mile run today because I just wasnt feeling like doing it.  So instead of taking my time which usually results in a longer, more satisfying run, I decided to push myself for those two miles.  I set the stopwatch on my Ipod and off I went.  I got past the one mile marker and saw I was just over 10 minutes.  hmmm...   So, I cranked up the tunes and ran.  I ran...not jogged.  I could feel the difference in my run.  It was more tiring.  I was praying for the end.  hehe.  And at two miles I was at:  20:02.  Not too shabby.  My distance is only tracked with my vehicle so it isn't as accurate as a gps, but good enough for me.  I came in the house and I was out of breath.  Even gasping to speak.  My husband asked me a few times if I was okay.  Usually I come in sweaty but all "la de da" after a run.  It felt good to push myself.  It did remind me that I do prefer to leisure run, or jog.  Its much more satisfying for me, and I feel way more capable!

As of today:  I have done 5/25 of my goal.  Only 20 miles left...


Jennifer

8 comments:

Corletta said...

GOOD FOR YOU :) It sounds like you really worked hard. Keep the good work up!!! Though it's tough at the time, you feel so GREAT when it's over!!!!

Kelly said...

Good for you!

Christine said...

Awesome, those kinds of bursts in our workouts are the ones that crank up the metabolism!!! So the experts say, I need to do that....
Good for you for pushing yourself!

Bethanny said...

You are amazing girl! Keep it up!

The Fat Mom said...

Awesome awesome awesome!

I think I walk one mile in 20 minutes. That's kinda sad. LOL

Laura said...

I am so behind on my favorite blogs!

Great job with the running! That's a 10 minute mile! That's really fast, at least compared to me! :)

Kimberly said...

Good job!!! It's good to push ourselves every now and then. I did that myself yesterday and felt amazing when I was through. Keep us the good AND hard work!!!

Have a great day!!!

Jen said...

Great job Jennifer!!!! You'll make it to your goal :)

Jen
http://jenslosinit.blogspot.com/