Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tagged-Some Honest things about me (Jennifer)

Thanks to Jessica for this award!
The rules of this award are simple...list 10 honest things about yourself and then pass it on to 4 people who have shown their honesty through their blogs.


1)  I am a stay at home mom to our two little girls.  I never dreamed we would be financially able to do this.  We may pinch pennies but it is totally worth it! 
 
2)  I have a psychology degree. 
 
3)  I get nervous knowing that someday I will have to go back to work and I dont know what I want to do! Starting over scares me!   I am considering going back to school and getting my masters, maybe in Social Work, or maybe going to nursing school.
 
4)  We are trying to fix up our house room by room.  We bought it so we could have some land and make the house what we want it to be. 
 
5)  I fear getting deathly sick and dying.  Not being able to help myself scares me.
 
6)  Joining the gym turned out to be one of the best things I could have done for myself.  I never thought I would be a gym kinda girl but its different than I thought.  The gym I go to is all women, and they are just real women.  It allows me to have some "me" time and also to better myself.
 
7)  My daughter was sick when she was a baby.  Blood transfusions, failure to thrive, etc...  It was a hard and stressful time in all our lives, but has made me a better person.  What they say about  what doesnt kill you will make you stronger is totally true.  Today she is a bold little 2 year old with the best laugh ever :)
 
8)  Creating this blog has been the best support I ever could have asked for in this journey.  I dont *know* any of you,  yet I value your comments and thoughts beyond belief!  I also love sharing my journey hoping that it can help someone in some way.
 
9)  Running is not something I ever would have seen myself doing, or enjoying for that matter!  It gives such an accomplished feeling and burns calories too!  A year ago I couldnt have run even 30 seconds.  Now I keep track by the miles!
 
10)  Yesterday, I bought my first pair of size 10 jeans with the most adorable pockets.  Who knew buying new clothes could bring such joy???  I had gotten very used to NOT enjoying shopping or how I looked in anything I tried on.  This is more expensive, but better :)
 
So there you have it.  I need to tag 4 people on this award.  I choose:
 
Kelly, Jen, Ann Marie, and Dawne.
 

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Loved learning more about you.

Lanie said...

Thanks for sharing :) I'm a SAHM too and I totally identify with not knowing what I want to be when I grow up!

The Fat Mom said...

YAY for size 10 jeans!

divad said...

Thanks Jennifer, my soul sister! Loved reading about your life. Now, I have something to write about tonight. Thanks baby! xxxx

Kimberly said...

I'm a SAHM of two girls too. I loved this post. Thanks for sharing more of who you are!!!

Karen said...

Stay-at-home mom here too. Love every minute of it. Sure there are hard days but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I, too, will go back into the working world once my youngest (now 4) is in school all day. Hmm, what do I want to do? Probably work in the school system so I can have the same days and summers off too. This way I won't have to find a sitter. It'll be me! Way to go on the size 10 jeans. That is great!!!

Jessica said...

Hi! I've been reading your blog for a bit now and I can't remember if I've actually introduced myself or not. Anyway, I wanted to let you know that I've started a challenge on my blog today about doubling our efforts between now and Thanksgiving. Stop over and leave a comment if you want to join in! It should be lots of fun!
~Jessica
http://healthyfor100.blogspot.com

Biz said...

My husband always shakes his head when I say "My friend Christina" made tortillas from scratch! He'll use air quotes and say have you met this "friend?"

I consider all my blog readers my friends - whether we have met or not in real life :D

So lucky you can be a stay at home mom - I only had six weeks with my daughter before having to go back to work :(

Joy said...

So loved getting to know you better!!