Monday, November 8, 2010

Weigh in. Did my changes make a difference? (Jennifer)

Thanks for all your comments on my second workout attempt with the weight training class.  My last workout was Friday and my body was still sore enough that I couldnt go today.  But thats okay.  Last night I got on the treadmill and walked.  I kept increasing the incline and before I knew it I was really doggin it and burned over 400 calories.   It was a great change up for me.  It was about 45 minutes of exercise and a different kind of intensity than running.  Its a great new alternative for me and loosened up my sore tight muscles.

Now...onto the excitement...

I  have been adding more calories into my diet to see if that will make the scale budge.  I have been eating between 1400-1500 calories a day and I have exercised 5 days this week.  I ate more protein, and I did drink my 100 oz of water per day this week too. I stayed away from sugary snacky treats other than a little tiny fudge when my mother in law came out this weekend.  I ran 3 of my 25 miles I have challenged myself to run by Thanksgiving.  I have some miles to make up for!

The results:

 Last week:  166.9 (undeserved in my opinion). 
Today:         162.9. 

That is a loss of 4 lbs this week!  The guilt is gone.  I dont feel guilty about eating more everyday like I have been for the last week.  I thought that most likely more calories would result in more weight gain.  That is why I have hesitated to do it for so long.  But instead, it could be that this is what my body has been asking for all this time?!  More food everyday, not just on a minor splurge day where I would eat more and then my body would hold onto every calorie and I would gain several lbs immediately.  My body must have been holding on to every ounce of fat in fear that I was not feeding it enough.  Amazing.  Five months of frustration...

Can you believe it?!?!?!   Whoo hoo!  Now, while this is not the lowest number I have ever seen(but close!), but this is a HUGE learning lesson for me in this journey.

Thanks to you all for your continued encouragement.

Jennifer

8 comments:

Christine said...

Totally awesome report!!!!
Our bodies are so complex and smart too!!!
Congratulations!!!

Jess said...

Wow, great job on the loss! Are you just upping the calories for the entire day or having six small meals per day? I can't remember. I'm really proud of you! Keep up the good work!
J

jamie@sweatyhugs said...

Whoohoo! Awesome on the loss! Way to go. Crazy how adding calories can sometimes equal a loss. P.S. - I just started weight training and HOLY SORENESS! LOL I was hurting for at least a day or so after my first session.

divad said...

Woot, woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Excellent on the weight loss!

I just saw your comment about chicken in the crock pot with my buffalo chicken wraps, I'm a bit behind! Yes, it falls apart very easily. With these, I cook the chicken alone first and then get rid of the water as it releases a lot of water that you don't need diluting your sauce. They are delicious!

Kelly said...

4 lbs. is great, girl! Keep going!

Shane G. said...

holy cow that is great!! it could very well be exactly as you said, too much exercise and not enough calories was causing your body to hold on to the calories as long as possible. Or could just be you needed to change your program to trick your body. either way, awesome on the four pounds!

Jessica said...

WOOHOO!!! I am so excited for you! Now I can't wait to hop on the scale later this week and see if my upped calories are helping me ;)