Monday, May 24, 2010

Handling it okay? (Jennifer)

The central air is not in yet.  The guy actually hasnt even been here yet but my husband promises soon.  Having said that...today is one of those really hot and humid days.  It could be worse I guess but being only spring it takes a little time to get used to the heat again after our harsh winters here.  I have mentioned a few times in past posts that I am not a real "happy" girl in the heat since our house windows dont hold any window AC units or even fans for that matter.  So I am trying to get by on the ceiling fans and free standing fans. 

And then I realized...I am handling this just fine!  Yes, its a little uncomfortable but I have NOT been miserable at all today.  Instead, I went to the store this morning, bought a little pool for the yard and we hung out in it today.  The girls just love it.  Then, even though it was hot, I went to my Zumba class where I knew there would be no air conditioning and I would sweat like a pig.  And I did.  There were sweat drops on the floor...ewwww.   But I was prepared.  I brought my little washcloth (like I see some people do at the gym and I am being a copy cat) and my water.  And then when I got there my friend had brought me a water too.  What a nice gesture.  See...it is the little things in life that mean so much.  But back to the Zumba thing...I was sweating like a pig and ENJOYING it?!?!  Wow.  Who am I and where is the old Jen?  Hopefully she is long gone.  I handled the heat well today!  Now that is a success :)

Today when I got up I got on the scale.  I am normally a once a week weigher but since I have changed some things up at my lunch meal to add some calories, I wanted to see how it is affecting me.  I was SOOOOOOOOO excited to see that it said I was down 3 lbs from Thursday(which showed a  1 lb gain).  So at this point I am going to keep it going. 

I would like to say thanks to John over at http://taking-it-off-for-life.blogspot.com/ .  I recently started following his blog and I really like it.  Today, he was kind enough to give me an award for this blog!  He wrote some very nice things and I feel honored.  Thanks again John (and please enjoy the added image now that I know how  :)



 Today's reason for losing weight:
*to be able to "handle" other situations(as I come across them) that in the past when I was heavier would have made me cranky.


Today I am thankful for:
*my ceiling fans and free standing fans.  Yup...no doubt.
*and also that my husband cooked dinner tonight while I was at zumba.  And then he did the dishes!  What a guy :)

2 comments:

John said...

Way to go jennifer. Keep losing. And take advantage of the heat to sweat and lose the weight. That is what I am doing.
Enjoy the week with the loss and keep being a loser. : )

Laura said...

Great job! And how awesome to not be hot and sticky and uncomfortable! At this point I don't know what that feels like, but I figure I will know by next summer!