Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Still counting...(Jennifer)

I am still counting calories.  And, today it seems a little less stressful than yesterday.  I went to the gym this morning and did my zumba class.  And when we came home the girls took a nap and I decided to too...maybe I could drop this headache?!!  So I did and when I got up my husband said the dinner we took out this morning was still frozen.  And since I napped I was behind on my meals.  And I was hungry...and very cranky.  Cranky because I didnt know WHAT to eat!  But once I ate all was well again.  But I seem to be struggling on WHAT to eat exactly.  I am so anti carb trained now and that is quite a struggle when you are watching calories and not eating prepackaged foods.  But I will figure it out I am sure.  I have this internal desire to help myself and be healthy.  And this is a different thing for me.  So when I say I am stressing about what to eat it is out of a sheer want to succeed and do right!

After I ate I saw that I ate around 1150 calories for the day.  I am aiming for 1200-1300.  The gym has a sheet where they want you to eat 1200 calories for 6 days a week and then on the 7th day you can eat as you please and indulge a little.  We all deserve that I think, but not to a point where it undoes all my hard work for the other 6 days.  I think my plan is to do a little more research and blog reading and see what kinds of foods I should be eating since I am eating 6 meals a day and then get them in the house.  With Medifast they told me what to eat, even prepackaged it and it was great.  But...now I am on my own and will figure it out day by day.

I am still in shock about how my last 2 mile jog went the other night.  I am so amazed at how well I did that I really cant wait to get out there and do it again!  Yesterday I was just too wiped and today it rained.  I could do it at the gym but I really think I prefer to do the jogging outside of the gym.  Maybe I can even get Sugar conditioned to do 2 miles with me.  That would be nice.  She handles a mile walk and then a mile jog back fine but I dont know about two whole miles jogging.  I do believe she has lost some weight though,which is good because my mom kept telling me she looked like a stuffed sausage.  Poor dog...



Today's reason for losing weight:
*after a conversation with Teresa last night I realized that once the weight is off I can probably stress a lot less about what I am eating(counting calories and such) as long as I am active.  And I have learned that I really enjoy jogging and hope to keep this up and enjoy it forever.  It makes me feel good.  Who knew that the girl who hated exercise would become such a huge fan of such an active exercise like jogging? 

Today I am thankful for:
*my husband said he would buy me some new bras and undies for my birthday(a few weeks away).  The size hasnt changed much up top but enough that I need to make some changes...  and the bottoms...well...I just deserve new undies!  I told him I shouldnt be wearing the same undies as I was wearing 58 lbs ago.  He must have agreed since he piped up and offered to buy me new ones for my bday.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Good job on counting calories! I haven't been writing it down lately (I've been slacking) but I keep a close tally in my head, which works because I'm great with numbers. Must be working because I'm still losing. :)

Congrats on the 2 miles! That is really awesome, and great that you're getting the dog to workout too!

I love that your husband is going to get you new bras and panties for your birthday! My husband said he can't wait to buy me even sexier lingerie when I get closer to goal (I won't let him right now). :)

Oh, and I accept your challenge. You're right that I was seeing a difference when I exercised alot each week, and I know I haven't been on top of that at all. So I'll blog about it, but I'll do it! Thanks! Kind of brought it back to mind that I need to. :)

Jennifer said...

Yaay Laura! You can do it. Exercise it up girl! Cant wait to see your number next week (and your excitement of course!!!).

Anonymous said...

A shared snare hosting military talents or understood hosting service or derive assemblage refers to a net hosting checking where many websites reside on joke web server connected to the Internet. Each site "sits" on its own allotment, or section/place on the server, to maintain it detach from other sites. This is on average the most stingy choice on account of hosting, as uncountable people apportionment the inclusive cost of server maintenance.
[url=http://hostinghouse.pl]hosting[/url]