Thursday, June 17, 2010

Week 16 results (Jennifer)




As you all know I have come off of Medifast and I was pretty nervous to get on the scale this morning.  I almost didnt actually.  But then I said, "it is what it is and that's it".  This is not a game.  This is my life.  Get on and face it and then see what it says next week.  To my shock....the reading was(about 5 times)  165.5!!!  Down 4 pounds from last Thursday!!!  Wow!!!!!   What is going on here?  I have been counting calories but thought for sure with the carbs added in I would have a gain.  I feel a little more at ease now about eating like a normal person(while counting calories of course). 

Today the girls and I left the house to go to the gym.  We went into the garage and heard a loud meowing.  I followed it and there was a cat in a box.  She jumped out and clearly wanted to be pet.  She was obviously hungry too.  I picked her up and was so sad to feel that she was so skinny...just skin and bones really.  I gave her some food with my husband tellling me that we cant keep it and feeding it will only keep her here.  I did it anyway.  She is so skinny and was very appreciative of the food.  We went to the gym and when we got home....she/he was there howling for us.  She came right over when we got out of the truck and the poor thing just wants love.  We have 3 cats and I would love to keep her but just dont have the money for that first vet bill right now.  Our central air goes in next week and that clears out the savings!  They have to test for FIV and leukemia(in order to be with other cats) plus the visit, deworming, distemper, rabies..etc.  It goes on and on.  I am such an animal lover and dont want her to suffer!  It was chilly here last night so I am sure that is why she had herself nuzzled into a box for warmth.  She is outside my house howling to come in.  When we came in she was trying to get in too (while the dog was trying desperately to get out to see what was going on!).  Here are some pics I took with my phone.






7 comments:

Karen said...

Great news on the loss! Woo Hoo! The kitty is so cute. That closeup picture of the cat makes me think of my cat. They look a lot alike. So what are you going to do? It breaks my heart too. If my cat would tolerate another cat, I'd take it, but we tried that once and it just didn't work. I ended up giving the other cat to someone because I didn't want to take it back to the shelter...couldn't do that. That was when she was younger and now that she's a lot older, she'd probably hate it even more because she's been the queen for so long.

Jennifer said...

Karen- My first thought when I saw this kitty is that she/he looks just like Espn. I think it is a boy but if he is then he isnt very....endowed. i went outside to see if he was there. Yup../just waiting for me. I sat down indian style and he crawled right into my lap and curled himself into a little ball and started purring. My heart is so broken. Any ideas? Maybe I will post it on FB. Will you too please? I will send you some pics if you will. This cat is just so skinny and in need of love and lots of food. I have food out for him right now....

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

WOO HOO! Congrats on your loss.. that is awesome! Poor kitty, wish we could have her... but alas, they won't allow us to have any pets where we live! (Drat).

~Margene
http://believingitspossible.blogspot.com/

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

So glad you found my blog! I have both the recipe one and my new diet blog. I am following yours, you're doing great with your weight loss!

I try to track the calories on most of my items on the recipe blog. The amish break is a new segment that I have been doing. It has a TON of sugar and had a ton of calories. The recipes make 2 loaves, I give one loaf away and then my family shares the other one. I just allow myself one decent sized hunk which is probably about 300 - 400 calories. I try for that to me my only dessert. So this is fun bread, not diet bread. :-)

Jen said...

Awesome loss!!! Congrats :)
Jen
http://jenslosinit.blogspot.com/

John said...

Not wrong to come off medifast. Just be careful and stay on maintenance. Do what you're doing and you will be fine.

Bring Pretty Back said...

That is GREAT! 4 more pounds!!! awesoe!
I hate to tell your hubby~ I think you have a new member of the family! ( :
Kristin