Monday, April 26, 2010

Frumpy (Jennifer)

Today is Monday and I went to my Zumba class. It was fun like usual. I missed it last week and missing a week apparently makes a difference! I was doing the moves but somehow it felt different. Like my body was not cooperating fully or something. Today was a very hungry day for me so maybe that is part of it. Yesterday I was hungry but once I drank my water all was well. Today I was hungry and even though I drank water all day I was still hungry :( I decided to have some of my lean portion of my lean and green before Zumba. So I took a few pieces of my chicken and felt a little better.

Another thing that is different today is that I dont see that "wow" when I am looking into the mirror. I have been seeing the difference in me more and more lately and its great! But today I am just not seeing it. Instead I am feeling "frumpy". I did wear my size 16 capris so maybe that is the difference. They are definately not tight but certainly not as loose and roomy as the stuff I was wearing. They actually fit just right. But maybe that gave me a false sense of snug since I was used to wearing clothes that had gotten too big for me? But then I got my workout clothes on and although it was somewhat better I still seem off. I wonder if I am bloated or something. Something just looks off to me. Odd right? It may be the guilt from all of the sweet italian sausage I have been eating. I dont know how I have missed out on this food for 30 years. I LOVE it! I I havent looked in my Medifast book to even see if it is allowed. I guess I just assumed as long as I weigh it and it doesnt have carbs I am good. But it could be making me retain water, or maybe it is just too darn fatty for me. I guess I just compared it to the 5 oz of hamburger patties I was eating (which is allowed) and it matched up pretty closely with the calories, fat and carbs. I guess Thursday will tell the tale since I have eaten sausage at least twice since my last weigh in... Tonight it was a salad with chicken. It was good, and filling :) Lean and green time is good :)

I will also say that my husband bought me a few more clothes yesterday , and one of the capris was a size 14! ME? wow. I know that is not my current size really but it sure does feel good that they fit!

Today's reason for losing weight"
*the other day when Trish and I were at the store looking at clothes I realized that I was looking for stuff based on if they had a big enough size for me. Some day I would like to get out of that mindset and find something that I like and then take my size off the rack and go buy it. I am so trained to look only for the "big girl" sizes and then decide if I would wear it.

2 comments:

P. Hentermine said...

hey dude i love zumba exercises it is very good for our body the movements are very nice which can burn most of our body fat and no need to go gym and doing hard exercises.

Karen said...

If you click on the name it brings you to a website for pills...weird...