Friday, March 26, 2010

Much to my surprise (Jennifer)

So I have been posting about how I have been walking down along the lake and then jogging home. I really had no concept what distance this was. So yesterday I drove the distance with my car so I could know. I figured maybe it was a half mile road but really had no idea. My husband was certain it was more. Well he was right! It was almost a mile each way! So that means not only did I walk the mile but I JOGGED A FULL MILE BACK!!! ME!!! This is quite an accomplishment for me. I had no idea it was that far or that I was even capable of it! I came back and I was boasting with happiness and pride while telling my husband! It is like I am finding this new person inside...a person I actually like :) Again...a new concept for me!
This morning it was below freezing so I decided not to go out for my walk/run. It sure did look nice out since the sun is out though! So I went downstairs with the girls and while they were playing together I hopped on the treadmill. I did one of the preprogrammed personal trainer workouts. It was just walking for a half hour at varying speeds and inclines. The incline is a great tool! I was sweating when I was done. And since the girls were still playing amazingly well together I decided when the half hour was up I would challenge myself for ten more minutes. So I put the speed on 2.5 (a walk) and the incline on 10. This was a great change of pace for me and really worked my leg muscles and made me sweat! I felt so accomplished when I was done. I am loving that feeling!
One thing that I am totally unhappy with and increasingly aware of is this bad breath I have got going on. I dont know if eating tuna and pickes for dinner last night made it worse or what but this morning when I woke up my breath was so bad that I couldnt even stand myself. Now...that is bad. So I immediately got up and brushed my teeth for like ever before I did anything else...and it wasnt even a few minutes before it was back. Its this awful taste in my mouth that I just cant get rid of. Even after breakfast it was still there. I think I will have to chew gum all day today.
Today's reason for losing weight:
*to put on a bathing suit and not feel self conscious.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Great job with the jogging! I recently discovered that my road is 1 mile from end to end, so if I start at my house (in the middle), I will finish 2 miles!

Have a healthy weekend!

Laura
http://nomoreweightforme.blogspot.com/

Jennifer said...

Laura- so glad to have you! Welcome! This is exactly why I started this blog. I want to be supportive to others and hope to get some support back! Glad you are enjoying( I read your comments under the other post)! Some of the posts in the beginning were a little more comical but now I am finding that writing my daily experiences is helping me through this journey and keeping me motivated. BTW-your dress in your pic is gorgeous! Thanks for visiting! I will be sure to visit yours today too!!!!