Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Last chance workout (Jennifer)

Fact: I love The Biggest Loser. I get all excited for Tuesdays to come because that show is so great and motivates me.

Another Fact: today when I went onto the blog I saw that Tricia had added a picture to her name. It is the picture of her and I on her wedding day. I dont know if I never saw the picture or was in denial or what...but I was astonished to see myself in that picture. Trish...you look great. However...it brought new light to me that I was much bigger than I thought I was at that point...or at ANY point for that matter. I thought my heaviest point was a little over a year ago when I weighed 226.5 lbs. Clearly I did not own a scale around the time of Tricia's wedding. So I sent the pic around to some people to see what they thought. Yup...the same as me. Except for my dear mother. Gotta love your mother. She said "Jen, I have never seen you that big. It must be the picture." Thanks mom :)

So, putting these two things together made me realize a few things. First, I am glad Trish has that picture up there. It was a very happy day and it an excellent reference point for me. All of a sudden I realized that while I am still overweight I have come so far from where I was. And that is because of my hard work. It didnt happen because I dreamed it would. It happened because I worked hard and made it happen! Having said that...tomorrow is weigh day for me and I am excited. I want to give all I have. So tonight, just like on the Biggest Loser, I got my butt on the treadmill and did a "last chance workout". I pushed myself pretty hard knowing that I have made progress from where I was.

Today's reason for losing weight:
*to wear a smaller bra. Yup...thats right. Not what most women say but it is definately what I want.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Jennifer, I totally think its the picture. I will bring the original with me and you can see. Also, please take into account that the dresses were also big. Do you still have that dress? I still have mine from your wedding. When this is all over, I say both of us try our wedding dresses on and then the ones from being each others maid-of-honors and we retake those pictures.
I am so excited to hear about your weigh-in results tomorrow morning to see how far you have come this week. I better get that text first thing in the morning so I can tell you how great you are doing! You are keeping me going and not allowing me to give in. If I even think about it, I tell myself that Jennifer is working her butt off to stay on plan and I am going to do this for me and her. What kind of support would I be if I fell off the wagon? None. You are setting a positive example for me and I am setting one from you. We got fat (-ter in my case) together and we can get thinner together. Keep pushing yourself because every time you do, you are not only making yourself proud, but me proud. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you bringing medifast to my attention, especially when you know what I was going through at that point in time. I can't wait to see you guys next week and we can have some great girl time getting our hair done and taking pleasure in how far we have come so far. Go US!

M. Force said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.